Monday, November 21, 2011

Clever party tips. Yours could win a $10 gift card


This week's 'Clever; winner: We all know how frustrating it can be to get ice from a cooler when there’s also lots of water from melting ice. A great way to retrieve ice – not water – is to put a festive funnel in your cooler for your party friends to use. Ice can easily be scooped out and water is no longer a problem! Patti Alexander, Shelby


Cool wine glass tags

I had a group of friends coming over for a party. I do not own wine tags. (And I have been at parties where people can’t remember which one is theirs, anyway.) So, I grabbed Post-it Sticky Flags (super narrow Post-its). I plopped a permanent marker next to them and told everyone to choose one and initial it.

We stuck the labels on the base of the glasses and it worked like a charm. No one forgets their initials! And I don’t have to store tiny items. Emily Lekoski, Charlotte

Got more party tips?

Win a $10 Lowe’s card with your smart or frugal tip Send your tip, name, address and phone to clever@charlotteobserver.com or Home Section, Charlotte Observer, P.O Box 30308, Charlotte, NC 28230-0308.

0 comments: